Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

IT WILL COME OUT and hopefully with all that sun we will encounter very little snow.

I finished packing last night for Colton and myself (Seth has yet to begin, MEN!) and just programed our trip into the navigation system. My mother is going with us to help out since this is Colton's first time traveling. Sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening we will arrive in Royal Oak/Detroit, Michigan, check in to the patient family housing, get some rest and arrive on time (hopefully) for our appointment at 7 a.m. the next morning. First, Colton will undergo some tests then we will meet with Dr. Trese, the best of the best when it comes to pediatric retina disorders like ROP. From there... well I'm not sure, after that it's pretty much in the Lord's hands.

What do I hope will happen? Well, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that deep-down I wish Dr. Trese would have some magical cure and Colton's vision would be restored to what it was before the nasty ROP attacked and demolished it. I would also be lying if I told you that was even a possibly at this point. Best case scenario, Dr. Trese will be able to perform a surgery that will improve Colton's vision. Improve meaning he will possibly be able to read large print and see well enough to get around without a cane. Worst case scenario, we are out a crap load of gas money when Dr. Trese tells us there is nothing that can be done BUT we will still have our amazing, wonderful, handsome little boy who is, in my eyes (and soooo many others), just about darn perfect!

The sun WILL come out tomorrow because my sunshine comes from a certain little boy in the next room, sleeping peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment