Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade (Part 3: 2007-2009)

As far as my life goes thus far, 2007 has been the hardest part of it all. It started off okay, in January I turned 21 and celebrated with friends.In February things started to fall apart. Seth and I called off our engagement, we were fighting all the time and both of us had pretty much given up on the other. At the time we were living together in Campbellsville, both still attending CU, his name was on the lease so I had to find another place to live and fast. I moved in with some friends that April, we had fun but I couldn't help thinking something was missing. Seth and I were still seeing each other, taking part in the occasional "overnight visit". *Cue pregnancy test* In June I found out I was pregnant. Seth and his family were not particularly happy with the news, which only hurt me more. Eventually, August rolled around and the friends I had moved in with decided to move out, my parents and I decided it would be best for me (and baby) to move back to Frankfort. I moved back August 1st. Seth stayed in Campbellsville.

On August 6, 2007, very late in the evening, my phone rang, it was a friend from Campbellsville. Pam and Christie had been in a car accident, Pam had been killed. I lost it. I remember thinking how could something so horrible happen to someone so wonderful. Now I realize that I was right about how wonderful she was, God knew it too. That is exactly why he brought her home to him so early in life. I miss her dearly. Selfishly, I wish she was still here but I know that she is in a much better place and I will see her again someday.

The next couple months went by in a blur. My pregnancy went by slowly, Seth came home to visit most weekends, we were still not "together" but trying to work on things. On November 25, 2007 I went into premature labor due to an e-coli infection. Colton Lee Darnell was born that day, 17 weeks early. He stayed in the hospital, in critical condition, for the remainder of 2007. It was the worst time of my life. Seth and I leaned on each other, he moved back to Frankfort and we discovered that the three of us; me, him and Colton, belonged together.

2007 was the year of pain.

---------------------

The only goal I had for 2008 was to make it better than the year before. With a lot of help from God, I succeeded. In May, Colton finally got to come home from the NICU.I finally got to be a hands-on, 100% of the time Mommy. That little boy holds the key to my heart. Late that summer, Seth proposed (for the second time) and I said YES!On November 15, 2008 I married my best friend. It was amazing.2008 was the year of magic.

----------------------

Now, here we are at 2009. It is amazing how much things can change in ten years. This year we bought a house and completely renovated it.and our miracle baby boy turned TWO!Looking back over the last decade, one thing is for sure, I have been blessed beyond belief. 2009 has been the year of joy.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. May all the days of 2010 find you living, laughing and loving. See you all next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment