Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Decade (Part 2: 2004-2006)

2004 was a really big year, it was the year I graduated from high school and turned 18. Seth and I did everything together, prom, graduation, it was magical. The end of senior year was amazing to say the least, I quit my job at McDonald's for a more "dignified" position at a local cardiologist's office and spent most of my time enjoying my last days in Frankfort before college.
It was also the year that the Flyer Dance Team won first place at a National Dance Competition.

and the year that I got engaged to Seth (for the first time... stay tuned for more info on that in 2007.)2004 was the year of goodbyes.

--------------------

By 2005, I was a college freshman at Campbellsville University with Seth by my side. Going into college I had every intention of majoring in broadcast journalism. However, before classes even started I decided to change it to Elementary Education (my true calling). I gained the freshman 15 plus a few. Seth played football again and I got back into cheerleading.
I roomed with several different girls those first few semesters, ultimately ending up living with one of my best friends from back home, Tiffany.
Our up and down friendship paid off, she is still one of the first people I turn to whenever I need a friend.

2005 was the year of new beginnings.

--------------------

The single most important event of 2006 was the moment I met Christie and Pam. Due to one of mine and Tiffany's "down" times, I decided to move in with a whole new group of girls at CU. I moved into the downstairs floor of their townhouse.These girls were unlike anyone I had ever met before. I had always believed in God but they showed me by example what it was like to be a true follower of Jesus Christ. They are two of the most amazing people I have and will ever meet in my entire life. We were together non-stop during that year, girls nights, rook tournaments, intense corn hole games, we did everything together. I love them both and wish with all my heart that it was even possible for all three of us to be together again, in this life anyway.2006 was the year of Pam and Christie.

No comments:

Post a Comment