Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Decade (Part 1: 2000-2003)

In the year 2000, as a 13 going on 14 year old, I totally gave in to the Y2K hype. My horse, Nugget (R.I.P.) was very sick so I spent New Years Eve 1999 with her in her stall at the horse farm. I kept thinking that if this was the "end of the world" my last moments alive were going to be spent shoveling sick horse poo, let me just say this, it was not pretty. It wasn't the 'end of the world' of course, so that is how I entered this decade.

In the summer of 2000 I met my best friend, partner in crime and future maid of honor, Christina. *FYI the middle person in the below picture is no longer our friend, its entirely possible she might attempt to sue me for placing her face on my blog so I have no choice but to "blemish fix" it. =)We were two crazy teenagers, entering our first year at Franklin County High School, she had just transferred to FC as a sophomore and I was an entering Freshman. That summer, before we started school, she moved in my neighborhood directly across the street. It was the beginning of a life-long friendship. We are both married now with our own separate lives, we don't see each other as often as I would like, but I still consider her one of my very best friends. 2000 was the year of Christina.

--------------------

In 2001 I turned 15. My life was all about boys and cheerleading.I spent most of my time doing the latter. I got a job at McDonald's to save up for my first car, it was hell and probably part of the reason that I had to have my gallbladder removed that October. I met a guy, who would later be the first to break my heart. 2001 was the year of the cheerleader.

--------------------

I went into the year 2002 looking forward to two things only, turning 16 and getting my driver's license. I studied the driver's manual non-stop for months and in July I took my test and passed with flying colors. I had saved up for a down-payment the year before, turning that money over to my parents when it was time for them to make the big purchase. I fell in love with a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse while car shopping one day and a couple of weeks later my mother surprised my by checking me out of school and walking out with me to that exact car. . That was also the year I decided to quit the cheerleading squad and try-out for the dance team, I loved both sports (and yes I consider them sports) so I figured two years of each would work out great. I made the team!!! 2002 was the year of the eclipse.

--------------------

Remember that first heartbreak I spoke of, well 2003 was the year it happened. After dating around for several months post break up, 2003 also turned into the year I started "going out with" my future husband. Funny how things work out, ain't it? He and I had met in our kindergarten class years earlier but never really noticed one another until that summer. The months after were full of typical high school senior stuff...

like being prisoners of love.
We were full of school spirit,

he played football (#67)while I cheered him on with my friends (usually with his jersey # plastered on my cheek).We attended dancesand UK games (Go Cats!).That was a great year. 2003 was the year of my Seth.

No comments:

Post a Comment