Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

With a little help from my friends.

***UPDATE*** Since posting, I have had some people ask if it is possible to send a donation through snail mail. Our answer: why of course it is possible! Just shoot me an email at CGDarnell67@hotmail.com and I will reply with our address. And, once again THANK YOU!!!!

--------------------
ORIGINAL POST:

Before Colton's latest trip to Detroit, several people asked if we needed help with the related costs. I knew that, with the help of our immediate family, we could handle the cost of that short trip so the only help we requested was prayer.

After meeting with Dr. Trese earlier this week, it was determined that Colton's vision would greatly benefit from surgery in both eyes. For this to happen we are going to need to return to Detroit/Royal Oak, Michigan from January 25 through February 1. I cannot even pretend that we are capable of affording gas to & from and a hotel room during that time on our own. So, that's where anyone who wishes to help comes in. I have placed a 'donate' button from paypal on the upper right hand side of my blog for anyone who wishes to make a donation. Any little bit will help and I guarantee that it is greatly appreciated.

If for some reason we did receive more than required for Colton's medical travel expenses, I will donate it to March of Dimes and Friends of Maddie, both organizations that benefit babies and families in the NICU.

On a side note, tomorrow we have to spend the day at UK Hospital. One of Colton's kidneys has quit working so they are going to run a scan to see exactly what the problem is. They are also going to do an MRI of his brain so we can get some more info on what (if any) brain damage he has going on from his brain bleeds and brain surgery early on. He has to be put to sleep for these test, that always makes me a little nervous... our little rascal has been known to crash under sedation, they know this though and always make sure they are prepared for the worst.

I am so thankful for all of you and of course we are still in need of each and every prayer sent our way. Thank you and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment