Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Splish Splash

March 19, 2008
Today, for the first time, I got to give my son a bath. He doesn't like bath time very much, but it was very fun for Mommy. Also Pops and Nana got to hold Colton today, he enjoyed that much more than bath time.


March 21, 2008
Colton had his third eye surgery today. This one was a bit more intense than the other two. They actually had to go into his eye and remove "gel" that was causing his retina to detach. I just spoke with the Doctor and he said the surgery went as well as expected, he seemed optimistic about the results but it is still a wait-and-see scenario. As of last week the plan was to put off the hernia surgery until later but a few nights ago Colton stopped digesting his food because the hernias were interfering with his digestive processes. They stopped feeding him then. Because of this he needs them fixed as soon as possible so now the plan is to do the hernia surgery next Tuesday.

March 24, 2008
Colton is four months old today!!! Today Pops and I are at the hospital for Colton's hernia surgery. The nurse called me at 6:30am and let me know that his surgery would be at 7:30am so we had to rush to get up here. As I was walking down the 4th floor hallway to the NICU, I saw Colton with the Doctors heading down to the OR. I made it just in time to walk down with him. His neurosurgeon was waiting for another patient at the elevator as we got off, he saw us and said "Hey... A familiar face." Then we joked about how much time Colton has been spending in the OR lately. Right now I am waiting for an update on how the surgery is going but I will edit this update a little later and include how the surgery went. Oh and also, Thank you to Kathy and My Mom and Dad who have taken time out of there day to spend with me during Colton's 5 surgeries... it means a lot to me and Colton.

ANOTHER UPDATE... Colton's surgery went wonderfully... he is now resting back in the NICU. They are going to keep him on heavy pain medicine tonight and hope that he continues to sleep and recover. It will probably be a few days before he gets off the vent or starts eating again. I know there were a lot of people praying for Colton this morning... Thank you, it means so much to us all. I would like for everyone to pray for one more thing. Pray that all of us remain united for him during this rough time. We have to remember to do whatever is best for him!!!

Next: Waiting Game

No comments:

Post a Comment