Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Plans and Predictions

May 7, 2008
The surgery that was scheduled for yesterday was postponed until Friday due to scheduling conflicts between the OR and Dr. Blackburn. We were all a little disappointed because we really wanted to get the last surgery out of the way but at least it didn't get pushed back to next week. I will let you all know the time as soon as I find out... which probably will not be until the morning of. In other news... We have a plan to get Colton home!!! Before I reveal this plan, I would like to say that in the past Colton has not been very good at following the plans that the NICU and I plan for him. He likes to do things his own way... wonder who he gets that from? According to the NICU staff we are going to have surgery on Friday, get off the vent on Sat, start feedings again Sat/Sun and get out of the hospital next week! The exact day will depend a lot on Colton... he'll let us know when he is ready. Lately he has been really fussy and Heather tells me he is getting older and is just ready to get out of that place. I have discovered recently that it is beneficial to "knock on wood" right after I write an update with any sort of "prediction" in it... so I am going to do that right now.

May 9, 2008
I talked to Nurse Darla late last night/early this morning and was told that the eye surgery was still scheduled for today but no time had been determined yet. I was informed that it would be in the afternoon sometime though. I will be posting updates periodically throughout the day in order for you all to know how Colton's last surgery while in the NICU (hopefully) is going.
***UPDATE: Everything went fine with surgery... Dr. Blackburn said that the eye was doing okay and that we are finished with eye surgeries for now but he will do a check up sometime next week.

May 10, 2008
Colton pulled himself off the vent yesterday and did just fine proving that he is a big boy now and doesn't need it... even right after the surgery! So we are ahead of schedule because the plan was to take him off the vent today (Sat.) and start feedings sometime today or tomorrow. Well guess what... our little piggy just couldn't wait to eat so they started his feedings back last night too. No word yet on going home but it is the weekend and the nurse this morning told me that sometimes, depending on what Doctors are there, they won't really say anything about going home until a weekday. We are getting so close... I can feel it. I have postponed picking out a "going home outfit" just so I wouldn't look at it everyday and get my hopes up but this morning I got it ready to go! Speaking of clothes, Colton is really close to fitting into his 0-3 month stuff meaning he will soon have outgrown TWO clothing sizes... Preemie and Newborn!!! To me that is AMAZING because I remember not too long nothing would fit him.

May 11, 2008
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I hope all of my fellow Mothers have a wonderful day today. I feel so honored to be the mother of such an amazing baby boy on this special day.We have a tentative homecoming date for Colton. On Monday they will start the process of sending him home and the nurse today said on average that "process" takes approximately 3 days meaning as of right now Wednesday is the day. I have learned that NOTHING is ever certain in the NICU but still it is nice to have been told an actual day for the first time. Colton Lee is becoming a fussy little boy who is ready to get on with the rest of his life. The nurses say the extra fussiness is just him expressing his desire to go home already.

Next: 172 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment