Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Eye Opening

December 6, 2007
Late last night Colton began to slowly improve. So many of his family and friends stayed at the hospital until very late in the night, praying for him and comforting us. Prayers really do perform miracles because today Colton, at 11 days old, is still in critical condition but is much better than he was last night. For the first time in several days I have hope.


December 7, 2007
All is well with Colton today, he is 1000 times better. He will stay on the antibiotic for several weeks to continue fighting off this nasty infection. Seth and I are exhausted, emotionally and physically.

December 8, 2007
Both of Colton's eyes have been fused shut until now, today he opened one of them, he stared at us momentarily. His eyes look blue but I have been told they can change, both Seth and I have bright blue eyes. At 2 weeks old today, he weighs 1 pound and 10 ounces. He is still on the vent but has been removed from the oscillator to the conventional ventilator, this is very good. He is getting all he needs (nourishment-wise) from my breast milk now, still through a feeding tube and syringe, Seth and I take turns doing this.


December 12, 2007
Colton pulled out all his IVs and his breathing tube today, in medical jargon he extubated himself, he is getting strong! They had to replace the vent tube, he wasn't breathing well without it but the fact that he has that much strength is promising. I am so in love with this little guy, last night at the Ronald McDonald House I couldn't sleep so I hopped in Seth's truck and drove over to the hospital just to stare at him. We can visit any time except for during shift changes, that happens about 3 times a day. He was resting so peacefully.

December 16, 2007
Colton opened BOTH of his eyes today, he even kept them open long enough to snap a picture.


December 18, 2007
The plan for tomorrow is that I will get to hold Colton (finally) and do kangaroo care for a short time as long as he is having a good day, I am so excited that I can hardly type. I am praying that I finally get to hold my baby boy.

Next: You Are My World

No comments:

Post a Comment