Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Love of Money

Today was a decent day, we all slept in then got up and headed out of the house to run some errands. Before we left, the hubs asked me to check the balance of our bank account. Well, apparently, I spent a little too much money the last time I went to the grocery store and we got in a little argument. Not a big argument, just a tiny one really but an argument none the less. Money is such a big issue these days and it seems like just about every couple we know has some kind of issue with money going on. Some are fighting to get debt free, some are barely making ends meet, some owe more than they are paid, but everywhere you look finances are causing trouble.

After we had duked it out, the hubs and I made up and went on about our day. No matter how angry we get at one another it never lasts for very long, I am extremely thankful for that. But, this little tiff got me thinking, most of the time our disagreements do that. Why do we let money control us so and effect our lives as much as it does. I know we need food and shelter, the basic essentials but all the other things really don't matter. The bible says it best; 1 Timothy 6:10 teaches us the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. The bible is interpreted in many different ways but when I read this verse I understand it to mean that "loving" money is trouble and can distract us from all the wonderful and beautiful things in life. Wonderful things like the love that I share with my husband and the amazing things we have been blessed with. So often I find myself "wanting" but the truth is I have everything I could ever need. I am making it my goal to remind myself everyday how lucky I am and how amazing my life really is. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment