Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Cautiously Optimistic

HCG levels were tested this morning (bringing my total number of needle sticks in the last two days to a grand total of five). We waited for about an hour in the waiting room, my nerves were a mess, Seth was just sleepy (he worked 11-7 last night) then finally got to head back to see the Doc. She seemed a little concerned with my "complications" and after an exam sent me across to the hospital for more blood work. Then we had to wait...

Luckily, she knew I was a mess and decided to call as soon she got the news. The first words out of her mouth were "I am very excited about your test results". Shew, my heart began to beat again. Not only did my levels double, they tripled in the last 48 hours. Anything could still happen but for now we are heading in the right direction. I am to remain cautiously optimistic. I am also to remain on "restricted activity". I can go to class (be dropped off and picked up) and do homework but that is about it. I have an ultrasound in two weeks and the next step is to see Sweet Pea's heartbeat.

Thank you all for your prayers... they are pretty powerful.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that everything is headed in the right direction! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out :)

    ReplyDelete