Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stress Relief

There is not much that a warm bath and a good book cannot fix for me. We still have not heard if the mortgage company selling the house has accepted or denied our offer, this waiting game is getting ridiculous. Last night Colton and our dog Daisy were up and down all night due to heavy thunderstorms here in Kentucky. AND we just found out that a test Colton needs done can only be done in Michigan, 6 hours away (f.y.i. I hate to travel). I was stressed to the max and on the verge of total exhaustion when I started to read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I put Colton down for a nap, ran a hot bath and left all my worries on the other side of the shower curtain. All that stress I mentioned earlier seems to peel off of me and rise with the steam as it escapes from my cozy little oasis. This is my favorite form of the "me" time I particpate in regularly to save my sanity. If you haven't tried the warm bath/good book routine you are truly missing out.

That being said, the book I have been reading most recently is (as mentioned above) My Sister's Keeper. This is the story of a teenager who was concieved to save her dieing sister. She is about to make a decision that will change the lives of everyone around her. The movie is coming out later this month but I personally find more often than not I enjoy reading the book much better than watching the movie. If you are looking for some stress relief of your own go buy this book (it is the book of the month at wal-mart) and enjoy. P.S. You might want to make sure you have a box of tissues handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment