Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Fashionable Friday - Derby Hats

As a Kentucky girl I know the importance of having your favorite over-sized, over-the-top hat on derby day. The 135th running of the Kentucky Derby is tomorrow, Saturday May 2, 2009 and everyone knows in Kentucky on the first Saturday in May this annual race controls everything. So, it is no surprise that the power of the derby has taken over my blog on this rainy Friday morning. Explore the official site (linked above) and place your bets because it is DERBY TIME in the Bluegrass State. FYI As of now, I'm betting on Dunkirk, Friesan Fire and I Want Revenge, in that order.

Now, the fashionable part of Fashionable Friday. THE HATS!!! A derby hat should be "classy and fabulous" two things a woman should always be according to Coco Channel.

Below I have posted some of my favorite hats from LadyDianeHats.com. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my Derby Day Blog Post!



No comments:

Post a Comment